SIA HUSVIK – off-site house manufacturing company of Norwegian ownership eas established in 2006. We focus on the best practice of Norwegian house building traditions, starting from planning, engineering and ending with production and onsite assembly. Wooden houses provide buyers good and comfortable conditions to live in. During centuries the Scandinavian way of building wooden houses was developed to fulfill high requirements of modern lifestyle combined with technical solutions ensuring low energy consumption and healthy living environment.
• The factory is located in More – 50 min drive from Riga-capital of Latvia.
• We produce precision-build timber frame houses in line with your design brief, your requirements, your lifestyle and, of course, your budget. Your wooden house from Husvik factory will be built of factory made wall, roof and floor panels with already installed and finished windows. We deliver also pre-cut loose materials and elements to minimize duration of on site building process.
• Our production employes up to date technology and main factory equipment from Randek BauTech (Sweden).
• Total business area today is 3200 m2 including offices. We are in the planning stage for another 2000 m2 expected to be started in 2011. Currently there are about 100 persons working in the company.
• Planned production capacity is up to 70 000 m2 a year.
• Husvik has partners in Norway that support sales process in the Scandinavia. At the moment we have partners is Øtfold, Vestfold , Oslo and Bergen area.
• Our professional engineers produce all drawings required for production and house assembly. State of the art 3D designing software REVIT provides high customization capacity and ensures the highest quality and preciseness.
• In production stage every work station follows specific and self-developed quality system that assures compliance to the highest industry standards and minimize probablity of deviations from design parameters and contract specification
In 2011 Husvik products have got SINTEF certificate
SINTEF Technical Approvals are issued by SINTEF Certification. As an independent body SINTEF Certification confirms that the product, when installed in a building construction, has the necessary properties and performance related to the essential requirements stated in the Technical Regulations under the Norwegian Planning and Building Act. A SINTEF Technical Approval is a technical specification according to Technical Regulations § 5-12. Normally, no further documentation of product performance should be required by the building authorities.
Unit samples from our drawings
Husvik offers the best way of constructing a new home. Our commitment to qualityand customer’s desires makes us different and better. Our customers can be sure about personal and permanent service they will receive. We devote as much time as you need to make sure that your final design represents the home you truly want. Husvik helps and tries to advise you through every stage of construction process. And we listen to you!
In order to find optimum solutions meetings with the customers are organised at the very early stage of project development. We devote as much time as you need to making sure that your final design represents the home you truly want. This is a crucially important part of the whole process and so we help and advise you through every single stage. Often customers get surprised by the almost unlimited potential of industrialised production of house components.
At first, our sales people/engineers collect all available information about the project you have intended. Templates and questionnaires are used to make the process simple and fast. After that Husvik prepares initial offer of delivery scope, timeline and investment terms and conditions for the certain project. This stage in normal pace takes not more than 2 weeks
When customer has accepted the offer we start project clarification that means finding out all specific details of the considered house /load bearing structure, windows, doors specification, electricity, plumbing and fire safety requirements, etc/. In fact, our engineers already start real work on the project. Clarification phase usually takes up to 2 weeks and is meant for more precise preparation of the contract. Often it includes also on site meetings between Husvik’s engineers and customer’s architects.
As soon as all major project details are clear we prepare contract for the deal. Husvik has standard contract form and uses appendixes in case particular details of the business have to be specially stipulated. Contract stage shouldn’t take longer as 2-3 days.
Our engineers work out all drawings required for production and assembling of the house. We use modern software /Revit/ that satisfies needs both of production and assembling on site.
Project implementation consists of thorough engineering work and production of elements in the factory. For average size project /detached house/ the time span from offer acceptance up to readiness for delivery is about 6 weeks. This is a time while customer can manage to organize and complete ground works and basement concreting at the building site.
3. Purchasing/ logistics
We use quality goods from reputed suppliers. Most of them have CE certification of their products. Few of the main suppliers are:
Timber: Raitwood, Plasterboard: Norgips, Insulation: Isover and Paroc, Windows: NorDan, Arbo, Viking
Production is subjected to a strict quality control. Every position is checked according to specific and self-developed quality system.
The elements are specially secured and properly wrapped for transportation. This ensures protection from rain and moist.